Uninstalling NordVPN has potential risks for your data leaks and device security but if you have made the decision to uninstall it then we are here to help you. Our objective is to make everyone literate about the safety of using the internet so in this article, we’ll talk about How to Properly Uninstall a NordVPN from any of your devices and offer solutions that may help resolve any issues you’re having.
Issues when using NordVPN
Before deleting your NordVPN app wait a moment to review your options. Maybe you’re having trouble but it’s usually best to manage your NordVPN app settings after that if nothing happens you need to delete the app. Let’s check your app settings that you are using the best options for your needs.
1. Change server location
Actually, sometimes the server you are connected to experiences high traffic which results in a slow or unstable connection. Try changing different server locations to see if that improves your speed.
2. Change the VPN protocol
NordVPN has 3 different VPN protocols including OpenVPN, IKEv2 and NordLynx. Try switching protocols to see if that improves your connection stability and speed.
3. Enable or disable CyberSec functionality
CyberSec is a feature that blocks ads and malware while connected to NordVPN. If you are experiencing slow speeds disabling CyberSec may help.
4. Check your firewall or antivirus settings
Some firewalls or anti-virus software may block VPN connections. Try temporarily disabling them to see if that improves your connection.
5. Check your network connection
Make sure your network connection is stable and strong enough to support a VPN connection. Try restarting your router or modem to see if that helps.
6. Contact NordVPN Support
If the above steps do not help you should contact the NordVPN support team for assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or suggest something that will be helpful.
Why you shouldn’t remove NordVPN from your devices.
NordVPN secures your devices against various types of online threats. Removal will make your device unprotected from aggressive malware. Some of the reasons why you should not remove NordVPN from your devices.
Uninstalling a NordVPN can expose your device to online threats. It is as if you were exposing yourself to a potential danger.
Some websites may be restricted by certain countries so NordVPN can help you to bypass this restriction and after uninstallation, you cannot access this type of content.
After uninstalling NordVPN your online privacy may be at risk. ISPs and Wifi spies can track your online activity, marketers can collect your data, and there are a lot of potential risks involved.
If you like to do online shopping then NordVPN can help you save your money. Retailers often adjust their prices based on your location. So, by changing different VPN servers you can search for the best deals.
Before uninstalling NordVPN service consider these top reasons why you should not remove it from your device and understand the potential risks involved.
How to remove a NordVPN on Windows
- Click on the “Start” menu button then select the “Settings” option.
- After that click on the “Applications” option.
- Now you can see a list of all applications installed on your system on the right side of the window.
- Scroll down and find the “NordVPN” app and click on it.
- Click the “Uninstall” button.
- A confirmation window will appear then click “Uninstall” again to continue.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- NordVPN will be removed from your Windows system once the process is complete.
How to Remove NordVPN from Mac
- Open the “Applications” folder from the Finder.
- Find the “NordVPN” app and drag its icon to the “Trash” icon in the dock.
- You can also right click on the NordVPN icon and select “Move to Trash” option.
- Enter your Mac’s administrator password if prompted.
- Open the “Trash” folder from the dock.
- Find the NordVPN app icon and right click on it.
- Select “Empty Trash” to permanently remove NordVPN from your Mac.
How to remove a NordVPN from Android
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Scroll down and select “Applications” or “Application Manager”.
- Find “NordVPN” in the list of apps and tap it.
- Press the “Uninstall” button.
- Press the “Confirm” button to start the uninstallation process.
- Wait for the uninstall process to complete.
- NordVPN will be removed from your Android device once the process is complete.
How to remove a NordVPN from an iOS device
- Find the NordVPN app on your iOS device’s home screen.
- Press and hold the NordVPN app icon until all icons start shaking.
- Then you will see “Delete app” option with red color, just tap on it.
- Click on the “Confirm” button then it will start removing it from your device.
- Wait for the uninstall process to complete.
- NordVPN will be removed from your iOS device when the process is successfully completed.
These are the simple steps we’ve mentioned for all your operating systems. You will definitely get results when you follow them.