NordVPN for All Linux Distributions
If you are using a Linux system and want it to be completely secure NordVPN for Linux is the best because of its security features which include encryption technology, DNS protection, split tunneling and many other advanced features. When you connect to NordVPN for Linux your IP address with your virtual location will be automatically changed and your internet activity will also be routed to their servers using advanced encryption protocols so that no one can access your data. You can also enjoy super fast speed just because of their super fast servers which are deployed in almost 60 countries as well as you do any personal activities online they will all be safe if you use NordVPN for Linux. NordVPN is available for all major Linux distributions including Ubuntu, Debian, Elementary Os, Linux Mint, Fedora, RHEL, CentOS, Qubes OS, and openSUSE.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to install NordVPN on Linux?
Install the app
First, you need to open the terminal then copy the below command and paste it to your terminal then follow the on-screen instructions to automatically download the NordVPN Linux client.
sh <(curl -sSf https://downloads.nordcdn.com/apps/linux/install.sh)
Log in to your account
The command below will show you the login area just copy and paste it.
Connect to a server
After logging into your account you can select the server you want to connect to or simply type the command below to automatically connect to the fastest server.
If you need help with anything related to NordVPN commands for Linux type the command below.
2. How to download and install the NordVPN app for Linux?
- Visit https://nordaccount.com/ and log in to your account.
- You will see the Download button on the top menu then select Linux.
- Choose your Linux distribution and click Download.
- You need to follow the installation instructions for whichever Linux distro you have like if you are using Ubuntu you can use the “Software Center” to install the NordVPN app or you can also use the command line to install it using the command following: “sudo apt-get install nordvpn”.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the NordVPN app and log in with your NordVPN account details.
- You are now ready to use NordVPN on your Linux device!
If you encounter any issues during the installation process you can contact their support team for assistance on their live chat.
3. What is the difference between NordVPN’s OpenVPN and NordLynx protocols?
OpenVPN is an open-source VPN protocol widely used by many VPN service providers. It can be used on various operating systems including Linux. It is a reliable and secure protocol with a range of encryption algorithms while NordLynx is a newer VPN protocol developed by NordVPN specifically for its own service. The NordLynx protocol provides a faster and more stable connection making it a great choice for users who want the highest speed and performance with the highest level of security.
4. How do I know NordVPN is actually working on my Linux device?
Check your IP address because your IP address will automatically change when you are connected to NordVPN.
You can check it on your app if it shows the status “Connected” that means you are successfully connected to the server.
You can test your connection to make sure NordVPN is encrypting your traffic and protecting your privacy.